Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Introductions

For the 12 years of my married life I have been an off and on stay-at-home mom. While this is one of those oxymoronic phrases you hear so often, that is my classification. I have five children ranging in ages from 2 to 12 years old. Two of these five are twin girls that just turned nine. My children are the light of my life, and to some extent that life revolves around them. I adore my husband and I guess in some respects that makes me pretty unusual too. I'm not a typical mommy/housewife, though.

I like to have fun. Baking bread at 5 a.m. is NOT FUN! Going to the store at 3 PM is a little more fun. Going without the kids is even better. But I will probably get lost in the arts and crafts section of Walmart before I get the shopping done, in all honesty. I love knitting, too. And crocheting. And tatting. I love most needlework. Does that make me common? Depends. Do most needleworkers have a fetish for underwear and bras, nighties and other, ahem, "naughty wear"? My opinion is if they don't, they should. Just because I knit doesn't mean I'm working on an afghan. In fact, I think I've only ever created one afghan in my entire lifetime of needlework. Baby blankets for each of my babies, but that was once each. After that, I don't really care to knit much baby stuff. I'd rather take a look at Naughty Needles Knitting or Knitting Lingerie Stlye


















I also hate housework. I'd rather do something exciting or learn something new than vacuum. I hate dishes, laundry, bathrooms, floors, windows - most anything classified as housework. However, if I get the inkling to decorate something, then I'll probably clean it first. My house isn't a wreck, I do clean. Just not passionately. And you may find that some day when you come over I'm setting at the computer chatting with my Twitter friends, reading a book, or searching Etsy or Artfire for some really cool things.

So these are my confessions. I am a work in progress, but I'll change as quickly as the winds. One day I'll bake up a storm and the next we're eating cold cereal and making ham sandwiches. So don't expect consistency. You just won't find it. I'll bring you some really great household items, books I'm reading, and hints and tips to take cleaning short cuts. I found out I'm really good at that. More confessions will be forthcoming.

And if you're wondering, this awesome background is from my beloved blogger, Plumrose Lane. You can find the best backgrounds, tags, and much more there. And they're free. So that's my two cents for today. Have fun and write often. I'm still working on setting up the blog with tags and links and such. So join with me and follow me, I'm curious to see if others are out there that agree with me.

No comments: